New Delhi, Sep 18 (ANI): Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman accused the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government of not taking care of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Indian Air Force while speaking on Rafael deal. Speaking at the Indian women’s press corps, the Defence Minister said, “The deal didn’t happen during UPA. What also didn’t happen during UPA was that between HAL and Dassault they couldn’t agree on production terms. So HAL and Rafale couldn’t go together. Doesn’t that very clearly say who didn’t go together with HAL, under which government did that happen? So saying that NDA government did not take care of HAL was absolutely misplaced. Neither HAL, Air Force’s interests were taken care of by UPA”.
- HAL, Air Force’s interests were not taken care of by UPA: Sitharaman on Rafale Deal
- Sidhu would have avoided hugging Pak Army Chief as it demoralised people: Sitharaman
- Republican, Democratic lawmakers spar over Kavanaugh vote
- Only BJP can double income of farmers: Amit Shah
- Introducing ‘Thug’ Khudabaksh