Rajouri (Jammu and kashmir), June 06 (ANI): With an initiative to empower women of the far flung areas of Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district, various handicraft centres have been opened under the department of social welfare training. Women are getting trained for cutting, tailoring, embroidery and various other skills related to handicraft. The centres include girls from different backgrounds, some are dropped out from schools while some are uneducated. Though the initiative aims to alleviate the women from their economic austerity, but the students learning in these centres are not getting any stipend, thus they are urging the government to provide stipend to uplift their condition. At present, a total of seven welfare centres are running in the district, which have experts from the art and crafts field.
- Handicraft centres opened in far flug areas of Rajouri to empower women
- Farmers’ strike: 2 dead, 4 injured in clash with police
- Students, parents protest in front of CBSE office against discrepancies in marks
- Israeli tech firm turns parked car windows into video displays
- Drug department seized fake drugs made of clay of one crore 54 lakh in Jaipur