Imphal (Manipur), July 02 (ANI): Flash floods triggered by incessant rain forced locals to move to temporary relief camps in Manipur, disrupting the normal life. The flood water choked the drains on city streets in Imphal city and in no time commuters and pedestrians were seen facing a hard time maneuvering through waterlogged roads. Giving details, Senior Deputy Commissioner Lungoila Thangal said total flood affected 82 families have been shifted to a temporary relief camps and necessary food items have also been distributed to each family. Flood waters reached residential houses, breached roads and disrupted public transport.
- Next story Appalling! Woman’s body carried in a rickshaw for post-mortem
- Previous story PM Modi releases book ‘President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend a reception for the forthcoming Invictus Games
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside the lab ridding the world of chemical arms
- Schwarzenegger opens Brazil sports festival via video
- Sri Lankan rugby coach trains J&K players during week long seminar
- POCSO Act: Why not 16-year? Questions Unnao rape victim