Imphal (Manipur), July 02 (ANI): Flash floods triggered by incessant rain forced locals to move to temporary relief camps in Manipur, disrupting the normal life. The flood water choked the drains on city streets in Imphal city and in no time commuters and pedestrians were seen facing a hard time maneuvering through waterlogged roads. Giving details, Senior Deputy Commissioner Lungoila Thangal said total flood affected 82 families have been shifted to a temporary relief camps and necessary food items have also been distributed to each family. Flood waters reached residential houses, breached roads and disrupted public transport.
- Previous story PM Modi releases book ‘President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Heavy rain causes flash floods in Manipur
- PM Modi releases book ‘President Pranab Mukherjee – A Statesman’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Cheers! Locals throng bars as 77 liquor outlets re-open their doors
- Bid to make Northeast region a medical tourism hub
- Journalist turned banana cultivator promotes eco-farming in Manipur