Heerenveen beat Feyenoord 2-1 away in a lively Dutch league encounter with the most spectacular goal scored by the losers.
Heerenveen beat Feyenoord 2-1 away
SHOWS: ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS (JANUARY 28, 2016) (IMG – SEE RESTRICTIONS)
FEYENOORD (RED) V HEERENVEEN (BLUE)
1. TEAMS OUT
2. VARIOUS OF FANS
3. SAVE 5TH MINUTE: FEYENOORD CAPTAIN DIRK KUYT (7) CROSSES FOR 195CM (6’5″) TALL FELLOW FORWARD MICHIEL KRAMER (31) TO HEAD WELL BUT HEERENVEEN GOALKEEPER ERWIN MULDER (1) TIPS OVER BAR
6. BLOCK 22ND MINUTE: FEYENOORD FREE KICK HEADED BY KRAMER BUT MULDER BLOCKS
7. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
8. GOAL! 39TH MINUTE: HEERENVEEN’S SAM LARSSON (11) FROM SWEDEN SETS UP FELLOW FORWARD HENK VEERMAN (20) FOR NEAT FINISH 0-1
10. CROSSBAR 46TH MINUTE: FEYENOORD GOALKEEPER VERMEER BLOCKS A SHOT AND REBOUND IS POUNCED ON BY HEERENVEEN’S 19-YEAR-OLD NORWEGIAN MIDFIELDER MORTEN THORSBY WHO HAS NEVER SCORED IN THE EREDIVISIE – AND STILL HASN’T BECAUSE HIS SHOT AT AN OPEN GOAL HITS THE CROSSBAR
11. THORSBY STUNNED
12. MISS 56TH MINUTE: THORSBY STILL HASN’T SCORED IN THE EREDIVISIE, THIS TIME SHOOTING WIDE
13. THORSBY STUNNED AGAIN
14. TACKLE 63RD MINUTE: HEERENVEEN SUBSTITUTE FORWARD LUCIANO SLAGVEER (7) IS PUT THROUGH UNMARKED AFTER LESS THAN A MINUTE ON THE PITCH BUT FEYENOORD DEFENDER MIQUEL NELOM RACES BACK AND ROBS HIM WITH GREAT TACKLE FROM BEHIND
16. GOAL! 71ST MINUTE: FEYENOORD FREE KICK HEADED ON BY KUYT AND SUBSTITUTE FORWARD ANASS ACHAHBAR (29) CHESTS THEN HITS FANTASTIC OVERHEAD KICK 1-1
18. TWO SLOW-MOTION REPLAYS
19. GOAL! 84TH MINUTE: BALL COMES LOOSE FROM GOALMOUTH SRCAMBLE AND HEERENVEEN CAPTAIN AND MIDFIELDER JOEY VAN DEN BERG (21) SCORES HIS FIRST GOAL OF THE SEASON 1-2
21. SLOW-MOTION REPLAY
22. END OF MATCH
23. HEERENVEEN’S 72-YEAR-OLD HEAD COACH FOPPE DE HAAN
STORY: Feyenoord substitute Anass Achahbar scored a fantastic overhead kick and defender Miquel Nelom made a great tackle on Thursday (January 28), but the third-placed side still lost 2-1 to mid-table visitors Heerenveen.
The Rotterdam side started well with captain Dirk Kuyt crossing in the 5th minute for 195cm (6’5″) tall fellow forward Michiel Kramer to head goalwards, but Heerenveen ‘keeper Erwin Mulder tipped the ball over the bar.
Kramer tried again from a free kick in the 22nd minute, but this time Mulder blocked the header.
Heerenveen scored first when Sam Larsson of Sweden set up fellow forward Henk Veerman for a neat finish over Feyenoord goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer.
The visitors’ 19-year-old Norwegian midfielder Morten Thorsby, who has never scored in the Eredivisie, came close twice in the second half, but the first time hit the crossbar and the second time shot wide.
In the 63rd minute Heerenveen substitute forward Luciano Slagveer was put through unmarked seconds after coming on, but Feyenoord defender Miquel Nelom raced back and robbed him with a great tackle from behind.
Eight minutes later Achahbar put Feyenoord on the scoreboard when he chested a header from Kuyt and hit an acrobatic overhead kick into the net.
The home side pushed for another, but it fell to Heerenveen to score when the ball came loose from a goalmouth scramble and captain and midfielder Joey van den Berg kicked his first goal of the season.
Feyenoord remain third in the league with 36 points from 20 matches, while Heerenveen move up a place to 11th with 26 points.