New Delhi, Nov 01 (ANI): It is not an unknown fact that Bollywood’s favourite director-producer Karan Johar always wanted to be an actor in his initial days. Offering an interesting anecdote from his initial days of struggle, Karan engaged the audiences while promoting the movie, ‘Ittefaq’. “I had gone to meet director Anand Mahendru to audition for his show Indraprastha. Anand was busy shooting and I had to wait for four hours. I noticed a gentleman sitting right opposite me,” reminisced Karan. “After waiting for about four hours, Anand walked out of his shooting zone. He went up to this gentleman and said, ‘It got a little late, I am really sorry.’ “However, this gentleman got up from the sofa and said, ‘It’s okay. I love the tea in your office. But I waited only because I wanted to tell you that I will not be able to participate in your show. Thanks a lot,” he shared. “No sooner had this gentleman walked away that Anand came up to me and said, ‘Oh! You really suit my character. I needed someone who looked so chubby like you.’ I was so excited that I asked him if I was on? He nodded in the positive. Moments later Anand said, ‘Did you see this gentleman’s attitude? He has just done one television show titled Fauji. He is a lost case!'” Karan then went on to add, “No prizes for guessing that this gentleman was none other than the most loved hero of the entire globe, Shah Rukh Khan!” Interestingly, Shah Rukh Khan was also present at the event.
- Next story “Hum clean the, toh chit toh milni hi thi”, CM Shivraj speaks up on Vyapam Scam
- Previous story ‘Ittefaq’ will be loved and appreciated for its content: SRK
- Texas serial bomber made video confession before he died
- ‘Pakistan Army supports jihadis, uses them against minorities’: Nadeem Nusrat
- ‘Pakistan-India can’t share good relations until its army stops interfering in politics’: Nadeem Nusrat
- IndiGo rejects report of partnership to bid for Air India
- Chinese are here to loot our recourses: Munir Mengal on Xi Jinping’s statement