Siliguri (West Bengal), Oct 16 (ANI): Services of the toy train in West Bengal’s Siliguri were resumed on Sunday. The services have been disrupted for the past three months due to long autonomy stir. The region was grappling with a violent protest led by Gorkha community demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland to protect their Himalayan culture. The services of the famous Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR) were resumed on an experimental basis from Siliguri city to Sukna village in Darjeeling district. The toy train had been forced to shut operations after protesters damaged tracks of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Heritage toy train services resume in Siliguri
- 2 arms smugglers held with 42 countrymade pistols, bullets
- Woman techie describes horrific ordeal with mob mafia, alleges police involvement
- Death toll from blasts in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu tops 200
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners accusing them of colluding to not sign him