Imphal (Manipur) 07 Dec, (ANI): Loktak Lake in the north-eastern province of Manipur is the largest freshwater lake in the northeast and the only floating lake in the world. This ancient lake plays an important role in the economy of Manipur. It serves as a source of water for hydropower generation, irrigation and drinking water supply. The lake is also a source of livelihood for rural fishermen who live in the surrounding areas.In order to boost economic situation of the residents of the Loktak Lake, Homestay tourism has been introduced in many areas of the lake including Thanga and Moirang. The concept of home stays are providing ample of opportunities to the youths of the region.
- Homestays- An alternative source of income for residents of Loktak in Manipur
- Vasundhara Raje slams Sharad Yadav for body shaming her
- Rajasthan polls: Congress leaders Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot cast their votes
- Launching of Ekta Kapoor Horror Show Daayan on TV
- Raveena Tandon on The Set of SA RE GA MA PA with Richa Sharma, Shekhar Ravijiani and Wajid Khan