Ludhiana (Punjab), July 13: The Hosiery industry in Punjab’s Ludhiana city has long been the main source of employment for millions living in the city. The goods manufactured here are not just sold in Indian markets, but also in Europe, Russia, Canada, and America. It is also said that the Sheikh of Dubai uses products manufactured in Ludhiana. Over the years the industry has doubled in size and with the purchase of more high-tech machines and with the implication of GST, the output is expected to only increase further. The industry has also a special skill developing programme for women, under which they are provided special training and provide them with employment. The women working and getting trained under this programme believe that the step would help them in the long term and help in securing their future. There has been a lot of change in the Hosiery Industry, in which there is a role of machinery. There are also a lot of changes in designs and also the number of people working in the industry. And with the passage of time, the industry is likely to develop further.
- Next story 14 killed in massive landslide, rescue operation underway
- Previous story Tom Hanks to be honoured for reflecting American history
- Rajouri administration taking Swachh Bharat Mission forward, nearly 1 lakh toilets constructed
- Amyra Dastur and Urvashi Rautela Walk The Ramp at Bombay Times Fashion Week
- Ishan Khattar and Malavika Mohanan Walk The Ramp
- Richa Chadda, Rahul Bhat and Sudhir Mishra at Promotion Song Shoot For Daas Dev
- Yami Gautam as Show Stopper For Nishit at The Bombay Times Fashion Week 2018