Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh), July 27 (ANI): Exiled Tibetans in Dharamshala on Wednesday performed last rites of a student who immolated himself in an act of protest against China. 20-year-old Tenzin Choeying, set himself on fire at a university campus in Varanasi and later succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital in New Delhi. Many Tibetans and supporters joined the funeral procession and cremation of the teenager. The act of self-immolation is commonly used as protest against the actions of China in Tibet. Thousands of Tibetans, including spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, fled into exile in India after a failed uprising against Chinese rule.
- Hundreds attend last rites of self-immolator Tibetan student
- RJD supporters block Mahatma Gandhi Setu against Nitish Kumar’s resignation
- My conscience doesn’t allow to join hands with BJP: JDU leader Ali Anwar
- Obscene Video Leak Is Not Publicity Stunt Sanjana
- Amid political crisis, Nitish Kumar swears in as Chief Minister of Bihar