Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh), July 27 (ANI): Exiled Tibetans in Dharamshala on Wednesday performed last rites of a student who immolated himself in an act of protest against China. 20-year-old Tenzin Choeying, set himself on fire at a university campus in Varanasi and later succumbed to burn injuries at a hospital in New Delhi. Many Tibetans and supporters joined the funeral procession and cremation of the teenager. The act of self-immolation is commonly used as protest against the actions of China in Tibet. Thousands of Tibetans, including spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, fled into exile in India after a failed uprising against Chinese rule.
- Next story Heavy rainfall continues to lash Shimla, normal life disrupted
- Previous story RJD supporters block Mahatma Gandhi Setu against Nitish Kumar’s resignation
- Smriti Irani smashes Kapil Sibal of being involved in land scam during UPA tenure
- Kapil Sibal hits back over Smriti Irani’s allegations, says “Yes I bought the company, does anyone mind?”
- Congress blames Modi govt for CBSE paper leak
- CM Naidu attends Indian Institute of Management convocation
- Cemetery in Goa tells tale of brief British rule