Texas (United States), Aug 29 (ANI): At least nine people have lost their lives as a result of the catastrophic flooding due to Hurricane Harvey in Houston. Six of the persons belong to Harris County, one in Rockport, near where Harvey made landfall; and another in La Marque, near Galveston, reported the Washington Post. National Guard troops, police officers, rescue workers and civilians raced in helicopters, boats and special high-water trucks to rescue the hundreds of people still stranded in and around Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city. According to reports, insurers will cover the damages done by wind, businesses, and autos. Auto insurance will most likely cover flooding as well.
- Hurricane Harvey kills 9 as catastrophic deluge continues
- Sports festival organised in Valley for veterinary students
- Self-styled godman Sant Rampal acquitted in two criminal cases by Hisar court
- Mumbai rains throw normal life out of gear causing damage, destruction
- PM Modi to visit China, Myanmar from 3 to 7 Sep