Texas (United States), Aug 29 (ANI): At least nine people have lost their lives as a result of the catastrophic flooding due to Hurricane Harvey in Houston. Six of the persons belong to Harris County, one in Rockport, near where Harvey made landfall; and another in La Marque, near Galveston, reported the Washington Post. National Guard troops, police officers, rescue workers and civilians raced in helicopters, boats and special high-water trucks to rescue the hundreds of people still stranded in and around Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city. According to reports, insurers will cover the damages done by wind, businesses, and autos. Auto insurance will most likely cover flooding as well.
- Next story ‘I fought hard but it was not my day’: P.V. Sindhu on losing finale to Okuhara
- Previous story Sports festival organised in Valley for veterinary students
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh
- Man allegedly stabbed to death by unidentified assailants