New Delhi, Apr 07 (ANI): Zaira Wasim, who won everyone’s heart with her acting skills in ‘Dangal,’ has got her hand on the big one. The 16-year-old-actress, who hails from Kashmir, bagged the National Award in ‘Best Supporting Actress’ category. An excited Zaira said that she is very happy and honoured to have been conferred with the National Award for her first movie itself. Zaira also thanked the entire team of ‘Dangal’ including actor Aamir Khan for giving her the opportunity in the movie. To make this moment even better, veteran actor Anupam Kher congratulated her by writing, “Congratulations @WasimZaira for your #NationalAward of #BestSupportingActress for #Dangal. Highly deserved.:)” Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah also congratulated the ‘Dangal’ star on her monumental achievement. He took to his Twitter and wrote, “Congratulations to Zaira Wasim who was named Best Supporting Actor for her role in #Dangal #NationalFilmAwards.” Zaira Wasim played the role of young Geeta Phogat in the sports biopic ‘ Dangal,’ starring Aamir Khan in the lead role.
- Next story Air India lifts flight ban on Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad
- Previous story MCD Polls: Navjot Singh comes to Congress’ rescue to boost their campaign
- Tribal Men Stripped And Beaten With Baseball Bat By Employer
- MNS workers dig road outside Mantralaya to protest against potholes in Mumbai
- Lava explosion from Hawaii’s Kilauea Volcano strikes tour boat
- Cuba rolls out internet on mobile phones
- Expelled from BSP, Jayprakash controversial statement on Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi