The Indian government orders diesel generators and a power plant in Delhi to be shut down as air quality in the capital deteriorates ahead of the Hindu festival of lights, when a night of firecrackers sends pollution levels rocketing. Samantha Vadas reports.
- Next story Watch: B-Town wishes fans safe, cracker-free Diwali
- Previous story India’s northern Ayodhya city lights up on eve of Diwali
- Condition of river Yamuna worsens as Rs 460 cr cleaning project gets delayed
- Actual BJP slogan should be ‘Beti Padhao aur Beti ko BJP ke MLA se bachao’: Rahul Gandhi
- Thousands throng Kerala streets against SC’s verdict on Sabarimala
- I like Southgate and what he offers – Enrique
- At least six people killed in flash floods in southern France