Bengaluru (Karnataka), Dec 18 (ANI): The Indian Air Force bid adieu to the MI-8 helicopter, also known as the PRATAP in the phasing out ceremony in Bengaluru. MI-8 served for 45 years after its induction into the Indian Air Force helicopter inventory in 1972. The MI-8 helicopter arrived in India in 1971. Between 1971 and 1988, the IAF inducted 107 MI-8 helicopters, rechristened as the PRATAP. The phasing out ceremony was attended by veterans headed by former IAF chief, Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major (retd.), who flew the last MI-8 mission along with CO 112 Helicopter Unit.
- Next story Thousands of Santas make a run for it during Mexico Christmas race
- Previous story UIDAI suspends Airtel, Airtel Bank’s Aadhaar-linked e-KYC services
- Fake assurance of money was provided to Rohith Vemula’s mother for political purposes: Piyush Goyal
- Iran fans happy with performance, Spain fans dissapointed despite victory
- OYO announces another international expansion after Malaysia and Nepal, venturing into China
- Credit for International Yoga Day truly goes to PM Modi: CM Yogi Adityanath
- GE kicked out of Dow Industrial