Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), Oct 16 (ANI): Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, on Monday, commissioned the indigenously-built anti-submarine warfare INS Kiltan into Indian Navy in Andhra Pradesh’s Visakhapatnam. Loaded with plethora of weapons and sensors, integrated to provide a Common Operational Picture (COP), INS Kiltan is the latest indigenous warship after Shivalik class, Kolkata class and sister ships INS Kamorta and INS Kadmatt to have joined the Indian Navy’s arsenal. INS Kiltan is the first major warship to have undertaken sea trials of all major weapons and sensors as a pilot project.
- Next story Watch: Speeding car rams into pedestrians, 3 injured
- Previous story CM Shivraj attends ‘Bhavantar Bhugtan Yojana’ programme in Sagar
- Oscars 2018: After all black at Golden Globes, colour is back on the red carpet
- Week long Yoga programme concludes in District Jail
- PM Modi will deliver his last speech as PM from Red Fort this year, says Derek O’Brien
- Guatemala to move embassy in Israel to Jerusalem in May
- Watch: Uttarandhra Charcha Vedika holds candle protest rally demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh