A Bengali filmmaker Ashish Avikuntak posted a few videos and pictures claiming that he wasn’t allowed to enter a shopping mall for wearing a Dhoti, 3 weeks ago. A few months ago, a woman was denied entry in Delhi Golf Club because she was wearing Meghalaya’s traditional dress and told that she looked like a maid. There have been numerous such incidents some of which get to be viral on social media while some die an unrecognized death. We analyze what is India’s obsession with the appearance which drives them to classism.
- Next story China Accuses India Of Double Talks While Batting For Masood Azhar
- Previous story Vice-Presidential polls 2017: Rekha, Hema Malini, Sachin Tendulkar among other MPs cast their votes
- From blackberry afro to cheesy towns, Ukrainian artist injects creativity in the kitchen
- U.S. moving toward first Guantanamo repatriation under Trump
- “Fortunate that there were no injuries” in latest Texas blast: police
- On board: Ryanair to buy major stake in Laudamotion
- Sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid made their mark yet again this season, sharing no less than 10 shows!