A Bengali filmmaker Ashish Avikuntak posted a few videos and pictures claiming that he wasn’t allowed to enter a shopping mall for wearing a Dhoti, 3 weeks ago. A few months ago, a woman was denied entry in Delhi Golf Club because she was wearing Meghalaya’s traditional dress and told that she looked like a maid. There have been numerous such incidents some of which get to be viral on social media while some die an unrecognized death. We analyze what is India’s obsession with the appearance which drives them to classism.
- Previous story Vice-Presidential polls 2017: Rekha, Hema Malini, Sachin Tendulkar among other MPs cast their votes
- India’s Obsession With Class And The Appearance Of It
- Vice-Presidential polls 2017: Rekha, Hema Malini, Sachin Tendulkar among other MPs cast their votes
- Muslim women send rakhis to PM Modi, CM Yogi for their efforts on triple talaq
- Firefighters help elephants beat the heat at Oakland Zoo
- To show their affection, students send 100-feet long Rakhi to soldiers