Hyderabad, Nov 02 (ANI): Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao asserted that there was no going back on the proposal to construct a new integrated Secretariat complex in the Bison Polo Grounds in Secunderabad. In a spirited defense of the decision, Rao said the present Secretariat was not suitable for housing the seat of governance, besides facing the threat of possible fire break-out. Hyderabad is an international city now and should boast of having excellent facilities and structures, and the proposed secretariat complex is part of realizing that dream he said. Dismissing Opposition allegations that the Secretariat was being shifted only on account of Vaastu and that the new complex would entail massive expenditure, he made it clear that Vaastu was only a small component of the decision. Besides, the proposed complex which would house all the departments under one roof would have the State Legislature and a huge cultural complex with parking space. The cost of construction of the complex would not cross Rs 500 crore, he added.
- Integrated Secretariat complex will be a reality, says KCR
- Katrina Kaif’s B’day wish for the ‘most caring person’ SRK
- Tyrese Gibson threatens to quit ‘Fast and Furious 9’ if Dwayne Johnson is cast
- Himachal in grip of ‘5 mafia monsters’: PM Modi
- Deepika Padukone’s ex-boyfriend Nihaar Pandya to debut with Kangana’s ‘Manikarnika’