Hyderabad, Nov 02 (ANI): Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao asserted that there was no going back on the proposal to construct a new integrated Secretariat complex in the Bison Polo Grounds in Secunderabad. In a spirited defense of the decision, Rao said the present Secretariat was not suitable for housing the seat of governance, besides facing the threat of possible fire break-out. Hyderabad is an international city now and should boast of having excellent facilities and structures, and the proposed secretariat complex is part of realizing that dream he said. Dismissing Opposition allegations that the Secretariat was being shifted only on account of Vaastu and that the new complex would entail massive expenditure, he made it clear that Vaastu was only a small component of the decision. Besides, the proposed complex which would house all the departments under one roof would have the State Legislature and a huge cultural complex with parking space. The cost of construction of the complex would not cross Rs 500 crore, he added.
- Next story Congress a ‘laughing club’: PM Modi on corruption allegations against Congress
- Previous story Katrina Kaif’s B’day wish for the ‘most caring person’ SRK
- Biden says he’ll spend his time to ‘win back’ the U.S House
- Skipper Virat Kohli lauds spinners for victory against South Africa
- Google introduces Augmented Reality stickers in its Motion Still app
- Acne may put you at risk of depression, says research
- Sale of heating appliances reduce to half due to prolonged dry weather