Mumbai (Maharashtra), Jun 03 (ANI): Uncle of Leo Varadkar, the newly elected Prime Minister of Ireland and the first leader of Asian descent in the catholic nation, said that he is very happy about Leo’s accomplishments. Varadkar, son of a Mumbai-born doctor, was elected as leader of Ireland’s Fine Gael on Friday. Leo is also the first openly gay Irish PM. His uncle said that Leo always had interest in politics. When Leo was a teenager he was curious to learn about the Indian political scenario. Leo secured 60 percent of the total weighted vote in the contest while his only rival Simon Coveney, minister for housing, planning, community and local government, only took 40 percent.
- Ireland’s new PM Varadkar’s uncle expresses happiness, says he always knew Leo will do something big
- Amitabh Bachchan ‘filled with love’ as he celebrates his 44th marriage anniversary
- Soldier killed, 4 injured after terrorists attack army convoy
- Ramdev adopts, sponsors over 100 orphans of Kedarnath tradegy
- Poor people who get arrested tend to be militants in future, says Bihar Class 12th ‘Topper’