New Delhi, Apr 21 (ANI): Bollywood actress Raveena Tandon is making a comeback on big screen as strong-willed and powerful mother, who is taking on the entire system in pursuit of justice for her daughter, in ‘Maatr’. The movie slated to release coming Friday, highlights the horrific crime such as rape and showcases failure of judicial system in providing justice to its fallen victims. Raveena Tandon, who was in the national capital to promote her film, stated that in our country violence and crime rate against women are increasing and despite that the mindset of people doesn’t seems to change as it is regressing with each passing day. Adding more to it, she feels that something seriously needs to be done in this regard and we as the society should stop being indifferent to such crimes. She further stressed that there is an urgent need for stronger laws. Calling rapes a ‘burning issue’, is the main reason that she chose this film to make her comeback as she felt a connect with the script and really felt like doing something for it. Ashtar Sayed directed ‘Maatr’ is an upcoming Indian revenge thriller, written by Michael Pellico and slated to release it on April 21.
- It’s time to stop being indifferent to rapes: ‘Maatr’ actor Raveena Tandon
- ‘Maatr’ was extremely challenging and disturbing at the same time: Raveena Tandon
- Rashford scores winner but Man United suffer Ibrahimovic blow
- Gambia’s race to save its ‘Roots’ on Kunta Kinteh island
- Eyewitness to Paris shooting describes hiding in shop