Josh Kerr claims win as surfers brave huge waves at the World Surf League Todos Santos Challenge event in Mexico.
Josh Kerr braves huge waves to win World Surf League event in Mexico
PLEASE NOTE: QUALITY AS INCOMING
SHOWS: TODOS SANTOS, MEXICO (JANUARY 17, 2016)(FOR BROADCAST AND DIGITAL: WORLD SURF LEAGUE-MUST COURTESY WORLD SURF LEAGUE)
1. WORLD SURF LEAGUE BIG WAVE EVENT #5 – TODOS SANTOS CHALLENGE. EVENT WINNER JOSH KERR (AUSTRALIA-YELLOW JERSEY) SURF RUN
2. TWO REPLAYS OF KERR SURF RUN
3. 2ND PLACE FINISHER GREG LONG (USA-RED JERSEY) SURF RUN
4. REPLAY OF LONG SURF RUN
5. DANE GUDAUSKAS (USA-WHITE JERSEY) WIPES OUT AT END OF HIS SURF RUN
6. REPLAY OF GUDAUSKAS WIPING OUT AT END OF SURF RUN
7. JAMIE MITCHELL (AUSTRALIA-BLACK JERSEY) SURF RUN
8. TWO REPLAYS OF MITCHELL SURF RUN
STORY: Australian Josh Kerr survived a day of huge waves to claim the top spot at the World Surf League (WSL) Big Wave Tour Todos Santos Challenge on the Baja peninsula in Mexico.
Kerr finished the final heat with a combined score of 24.27 to outduel second placed American Greg Long who finished with a combined score of 18.84.
The second place finish moved Long into the overall lead on the Big Wave Tour while Kerr moved up to fifth place overall after his win in Mexico.
The Todos Santos Challenge was the fifth of seven events on the WSL Big Wave Tour. The current BWT season started in April of 2015 and will next head to Oregon in the United States for round six before concluding with round seven in Spain, which has an event window that closes on February 28, 2016.