The upper house of the Parliament on Tuesday saw an uproar as Kapil Sibal questioned the significance and need of 2 designs of the new 500 Rs note post demonetisation. This led to a heated exchange of words between Sibal and Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. Leader of opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad and other Congress leaders joined the chorus and started accusing the BJP of stocking the other type of 500Rs note to be used in elections while deputy Chairman kept asking on what grounds was 2 designs illegal or suspicious in the Indian constitution.
- Next story Centre Appoints Dipak Misra As Next Chief Justice Of India
- Previous story Dutch students grow their own biodegradable car
- From blackberry afro to cheesy towns, Ukrainian artist injects creativity in the kitchen
- U.S. moving toward first Guantanamo repatriation under Trump
- “Fortunate that there were no injuries” in latest Texas blast: police
- On board: Ryanair to buy major stake in Laudamotion
- Sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid made their mark yet again this season, sharing no less than 10 shows!