Hyderabad, Oct 26 (ANI): Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao has agreed to release water from Sriram Sagar Project for Nizam Sagar, Singur, Ghanpur Anicut, Gutpa, Ali Sagar, Laxmi Canal, and SRSP Ayucut. CM KCR held a meeting with the public representatives and officials of the old Karimnagar district at Pragati Bhavan in Hyderabad. While addressing the delegates, he said with this water, the farmers can grow the second crop and public representatives should ensure that there is no problem while diverting the water to the farmlands. He made it clear that under the old Karimnagar district each and every acre of farm land should get the water. He suggested that a special lift irrigation project should be set up at Yellampally to lift water to 20,000 acres under Ramagundam area. He wanted that a reservoir should come up at Pattipaka in Dharmaram Mandal to supply irrigation water to Pedapalli, Ramagundam, and Mancherial, Dharmapuri Assembly segments. The CM said for these two projects the government is ready with the funds. He wanted SRSP capacity to be increased, repair works to be carried out on all the canals and every inch of land under the Ayucut from the nearest to the tail end of the Ayucut should get water.
- Next story Rich tributes pour in as Rock ‘N’ Roll legend Fats Domino dies
- Previous story Nepal SC orders Election Commission to provide separate ballots for upcoming polls
- Rahul Gandhi inaugurates Indira Canteen in Karnataka’s Kollegala
- Farmers walk barefoot for 185 km demanding complete loan waiver, suffer blisters
- Vakrangee Limited announces strategic business tie-up with Blue Dart Express
- NCC Cadets hit out at Rahul Gandhi for his ‘that kind of stuff’ remark in Karnataka
- Landmarks turn dark to conserve energy on World Earth Hour