Neyyattinkara (Kerala), July 22 (ANI): Kerala Congress MLA M Vincent who was booked on charges of rape, stalking and abetment of suicide of a 51-year-old woman, has been arrested. The woman had reportedly attempted suicide after being allegedly sexually harassed by Vincent. Sections 376 and 354(d) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) have been slapped against the MLA. The decision was taken after the woman gave a statement in this regard to the police on Thursday. Meanwhile, Vincent has filed a complaint requesting a detailed probe into the matter.
- Next story Muslim worshippers clash with Israeli forces outside Jerusalem shrine
- Previous story Caught on cam: 2 men hurl grenade at bank, flee with Rs. 3 lakh
- BSP decided to contest upcoming polls in alliance with Janta Congress Chhattisgarh: Mayawati
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre
- Kerala nun rape case: Vatican relieves Franco Mulakkal from diocese duties, protests continue
- BSF jawan killing is an extreme form of barbaric act: MEA
- Equitable thinking & development key to state’s prosperity: CM Raje