Punjab/Canada, April 29: Recently Ontario legislative Assembly in Canada passed a private members’ motion presented by Harinder Malhi, a liberal member calling the 1984 anti-Sikh riots as genocide.The Indian government has not only termed it as misguided based on the limited knowledge of the country but also registered its protest with the Canadian government.The incident is evident of fact that radical elements which have been operating from various countries across the world and perpetrating hatred against India have successfully influenced the lawmaker in Canada.The 1984 riots which occurred in the wake of the assassination of former Prime Minister of India Mrs. Indira Gandhi is a clear example of public emotions evoked by the death of their leader.However, there are many who are getting their livelihood for perpetrating hatred directly being funded by Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence.It is well known worldwide that Pakistan has been imparting training to terrorists and providing cover to them to infiltrate into India and create chaos by unleashing violence. After the disasters of the 1965 and 1971 wars, Pakistan recognized the futility of military misadventures against India and ever since then it has resorted to the proxy wars to breach the peace and harmony of the country.
- Next story Prisoner killed in Rohini court firing
- Previous story Art connoisseurs share platform at ‘Prerna’ Art camp
- President Kovind hosts banquet for Seychelles counterpart, PM Modi, EAM Swaraj in attendance
- Ben Affleck, Lindsay Shookus take relationship to next level
- Trump claims ‘a lot of progress’ in Middle East
- Any order of court, NGT will be strictly abided by: NBCC Managing Director
- I dedicate my award as tribute to Sridevi: Nawazuddin