Kolkata (West Bengal), Aug 07 (ANI): Kolkata sex workers celebrated the auspicious festival of ‘raksha bandhan’ along with their neighbours and local political leaders on Monday. Rakhi is the symbolic holy thread which a sister ties ceremoniously on the wrist of her brother as a mark of the revered bondage between them. Giving details, a sex worker said that all the people they invited had come and celebrated the festival with them. ‘Raksha Bandhan’ occupies a special place in the Hindu religious calendar.
- Next story Patient dies as BJP leader allegedly ‘stops ambulance’ for 30 minutes
- Previous story Jodie Whittaker ready to take on Doctor Who, hopes fans don’t find her gender a fearful thing
- Watch: People of Varanasi marks victory of good over evil with Ravan dahan
- Watch: VP Naidu attends opening ceremony of 12th ASEM Summit
- From Beirut to Babila, Syrian refugee family returns home
- In a first, Gujarat woman delivers baby through transplanted uterus
- World ‘deserves answers’ on Khashoggi: Pence