Hyderabad, Nov 01 (ANI): Keeping in view of the huge spike in cotton production this year, the Telangana Government has been taking a slew of measures to ensure cotton farmers from the state get optimum price for their produce. A meeting was held at Committee Hall in the State Assembly with representatives from Ginning Mills Association, in which several ministers participated. Addressing the representatives from Ginning Mills Association, State IT Minister KTR said they should come forward to extend support to the government’s endeavor to uplift the cotton farmers from the state. He also assured that the government was ready to extend all support to the ginning industry. President of Ginning Mills Association Ravinder Reddy requested the government to release the incentives which they had to receive from the government. The ministers responded in a positive way and said incentives to the tune of Rs 100 crore will be released immediately. Utilising these incentives, the mills representatives will be increasing the purchases of cotton from the farmers in the market. KTR also instructed Industries Department Principal Secretary Jayesh Ranjan to take immediate steps for revival of sick ginning mills in the state. He said that these ginning mills would be revived utilizing the incentives available under the Telangana Government’s Industrial Health Clinics. Citing his experience from one of the meetings during his Gujarat tour, Chairman of South India Mills Association Rao recalled Senthil Kumar, terming that Telangana’s cotton is the finest in the country. He also announced that an exclusive Delint and Solvent Industrial Park would be set up in the state if Ginning mills owners come forward and invest.
- Next story Telangana to have new policy on sale of agriculture land: CM KCR
- Previous story Phenomenal Shaw Cracks Another Ton
- My India (India News) – Ep#516 (16 Feb, 2019)
- Trump’s choice for U.N. ambassador withdraws
- ISI is behind ‘Talibani style’ attack: MQM founder Altaf Hussain on Pulwama terror attack
- Hotel Mystays provides Japanese hospitality to tourists
- Japanese ministry holds international competition for Japanese cuisine