New Delhi, Dec 06 (ANI): World leaders and scores of mourners gathered in Washington to bid goodbye to the late 41st President of the United States George HW Bush at the state funeral on December 05. Since Monday, thousands of mourners have paid their respects to the former President. His casket was taken from Capitol Rotunda to the Washington National Cathedral in a motorcade, while complete state honours were accorded to the late former President, including a 21-gun salute and cannons. The Bush family, led by former President and HW Bush’s son George Bush, was present at the Capitol Rotunda as his casket was loaded onto the hearse. Thousands of citizens lined the streets in remembrance of the stalwart as the Presidential hearse passed the lanes of Washington on December 5, the national day of mourning across the country. Over 3,000 people have gathered at the cathedral, including the Bush family, incumbent US President Donald Trump and the First Lady Melania Trump, former US Presidents and former First Ladies, including Barack Obama and Michelle Obama, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton along with world leaders like King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan.
- Leaders gather to bid their last farewell to George HW Bush
- First look of Nawazuddin Siddiqui from ‘Petta’ is finally out!
- Rs 86.5 crore cash, 4 lakh litres of liquor seized in poll-bound Telangana
- Man set ablaze over personal dispute in MP’s Damoh
- Man shot dead by unidentified assailants in Manesar