New Delhi, Sep 19 (ANI): Lebanon has officially picked ‘Capharnaum’ as its entry for the ‘foreign language film’ category at the 91st Oscars. The movie, which is directed by Nadine Labaki, is a story about a child who happens to file a lawsuit against his parents, reported The Hollywood Reporter. The movie won the jury prize after its premiere at the Cannes film festival. ‘Capharnaum’ is the nation’s 15th entry in the ‘foreign language film’ category. The middle-eastern nation submitted their first film ‘Promise of Love’ at the Oscars under the said category back in 1978. But it failed to receive any nomination.
- Previous story Triple Talaq: DCW chief welcomes decision, raises question against ‘nikah halala, bahu vivah’
- Lebanon picks ‘Capharnaum’ for 91st Oscars
- Triple Talaq: DCW chief welcomes decision, raises question against ‘nikah halala, bahu vivah’
- Navjot Sidhu slams Sukhbir Badal, politics over Kartarpur corridor intensify
- Court orders release of Nawaz Sharif, Maryam, Safdar
- ‘Stree’ stars express their happiness over the success of film