New Delhi (India), July 12 (ANI): Director of the controversial film ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’, Alankrita Shrivastava says the metaphorical title refers to the idea that it is impossible for the society to kill women’s passion and dreams. Alankrita, along with the team, was recently present in the national capital as part of the film’s promotions, where she was asked how she came up with the interesting title. The cast of the Alankrita Shrivastava-directorial includes Konkona Sen Sharma, Ratna Pathak Shah and Sonal Jha, among others. The movie is about four women who are leading four separate battles for their freedom. The makers had an elaborate battle with the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) for its ‘lady oriented’ content. Overruling the censor board’s refusal, Film Certification Appellate Tribunal (FCAT) has issued ‘A’ or adults certificate to feminist drama and it finally releases on July 21.
- Next story Contraband worth Rs. 50 Lakhs seized
- Previous story Mayweather, McGregor press tour kicks off with a war of words
- President Kovind hosts banquet for Seychelles counterpart, PM Modi, EAM Swaraj in attendance
- Ben Affleck, Lindsay Shookus take relationship to next level
- Trump claims ‘a lot of progress’ in Middle East
- Any order of court, NGT will be strictly abided by: NBCC Managing Director
- I dedicate my award as tribute to Sridevi: Nawazuddin