Varanasi, Aug 27 (ANI): Thousands of devotees gathered at Kashi’s Lolark Kund to take a holly dip and offer water to lord Sun for better health. The pious festival of Lolarak Shashthi falls during the monsoon season, on the sixth day of f Bhadrapada month (usually in August end or September). Devotees celebrate this festival for two main reasons- either to have a baby or to get rid of any sort of skin diseases. According to a mythological belief, couple who take a dip in these holy kunds are blessed with child. Most people perform specific rituals as per their wish. Two historical ponds — Krim Kund at Baba Kinaram Ashram in Shivala area and Lolarak Kund in Bhadaini are flooded with scores of devotees every year. Devotees also perform religious rituals and bath in the pond while several makeshift shops are also set up in the area creating a fair like scene.
- Next story Amateur videos show Harvey’s trail of destruction
- Previous story Thousands of Rohingya flee for Bangladesh as fresh violence erupts in Myanmar
- FBI says hate crimes in U.S. spiked in 2017
- New projects launched by PM in Varanasi will expedite mission Clean Ganga, says NMCG chief
- Chhath Puja celebrated with fervour in Gorakhpur
- Demonetisation: Congress sharpens attack on PM Modi, calls him ‘looteron ke chowkidar’
- CM Shivraj Chouhan hits out at Congress on development issues