Varanasi, Aug 27 (ANI): Thousands of devotees gathered at Kashi’s Lolark Kund to take a holly dip and offer water to lord Sun for better health. The pious festival of Lolarak Shashthi falls during the monsoon season, on the sixth day of f Bhadrapada month (usually in August end or September). Devotees celebrate this festival for two main reasons- either to have a baby or to get rid of any sort of skin diseases. According to a mythological belief, couple who take a dip in these holy kunds are blessed with child. Most people perform specific rituals as per their wish. Two historical ponds — Krim Kund at Baba Kinaram Ashram in Shivala area and Lolarak Kund in Bhadaini are flooded with scores of devotees every year. Devotees also perform religious rituals and bath in the pond while several makeshift shops are also set up in the area creating a fair like scene.
- Lolark Sasthi festival: Devotees take holy dip at Lolark Kund
- Thousands of Rohingya flee for Bangladesh as fresh violence erupts in Myanmar
- JKNAP, NSF protest against Pakistan for violating human rights
- Mumbai cop installs Ganesha as policeman in police station to generate awareness among people
- Son of journalist who exposed Gurmeet Ram Rahim demands life sentence for Dera Chief