decision of appointing noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi as the chairman of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), Bollywood actor Kalki Koechlin said she is looking forward to the decisions of Joshi and newly appointed member Vidya Balan. National Award winning actress Vidya Balan was on Friday appointed as part of the reconstituted Central Board of Film Certification. Host of B-Town celebrities including filmmaker Shyam Benegal, Shoojit Sircar, Madhur Bhandarkar and Rahul Dholakia have welcomed the new CBFC chief and reckon that a filmmaker’s freedom of expression will now be protected. For the unversed, Pahlaj Nihalani on August 11 was sacked as the CBFC chief.
- Looking forward to decisions of new CBFC Chief Prasoon Joshi: Kalki Koechlin
- With Pahlaj Nihalani gone, hope films will evolve, be liberal: Richa Chadha
- President Ramnath Kovind pitches for partnership between citizens, government to create ‘New India’
- Tour de France-Vuelta double the motivation for Froome
- “All options” on the table to respond to North Korea: Pence