New Delhi, Aug 12 (ANI): Bollywood actor Vidya Balan, one of the newly appointed members of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), is happy to join Prasoon Joshi-led CBFC and is looking forward to a phase where cinema will be allowed to reflect present day realities. In a statement, the ‘Begum Jaan’ of Bollywood said, “I am very happy to join the CBFC and I hope to fulfil my responsibilities as a member to the best of my abilities. I look forward to this new and exciting phase where our cinema will be allowed to reflect the sensibilities, realities and the complexities of the society we are living in today.” Vidya is joined by other members including Gautami Tadimalla, Narendra Kohli, Naresh Chandra Lal, Vivek Agnihotri, Waman Kendre, T.S. Nagabharana, Ramesh Patange and Mihir Bhuta. Pahlaj Nihalani, who has been under the radar for the recent cuts and censorship in movies, on Friday, was sacked as the CBFC chief and was replaced by famous lyricist Prasoon Joshi. Joshi will take the charge for the next three years.
- Next story BRD College Principal suspended, high level probe to be initiated: U.P. Medical Education Minister
- Previous story Trying to understand process, will use my experience, knowledge: CBFC chairperson Prasoon Joshi
- Reuters journalists face verdict in Myanmar next week
- Venezuelans withdraw their first new banknotes from ATMs
- EAM Sushma Swaraj distributes OCI cards to Mauritius citizens with Indian roots
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Claire Holt now a happily married woman!
- 10th class girl commits suicide allegedly after playing ‘Momo Game’