Mumbai (Maharashtra), Oct 17 (ANI): Employees of the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) begin an indefinite strike from midnight of Monday to press for their demand of salary hike. The workers of MSRTC asserted that they won’t call off their strike until their demands were met. Over 17 thousand buses run throughout the entire state, where about one lakh workers have gone on strike. Police has increased security to prevent any untoward incident during the strike. People were left stranded on bus stands and roads for several hours, since the strike began.
- Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation staff begins indefinite strike demanding salary hike
- PM Modi dedicates 1st-ever All India Institute of Ayurveda to nation
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau sends Diwali greetings
- Jewellers suffer as GST hits jewellery sales hard
- Dramatic drone footage shows Rohingya refugees entering Bangladesh