Maldives, Aug 22 (ANI): The military in Maldives locked down the nation’s Parliament in an attempt to block a no-confidence motion to impeach the speaker of the house. Opposition lawmakers were also allegedly roughed up by the military personnel. After the government lost its majority in the Parliament due to defections of MPs to the oppositions, strong arm tactics by the ruling party included ejecting oppositions MPs from the chamber and now, deploying the army in parliament to prevent them from returning. The tranquility of the resorts of Maldives have been shattered by the strong arm tactics of the army and ruling party, turning this once picturesque resort country to a politically turbulent, unstable one.
- Next story India releases 7 Pakistani nationals at Attari-Wagah border
- Previous story Politicos hail SC verdict on triple talaq
- Nostalgic Westwood roughs up Paris Fashion Week
- Watch: Telangana DGP pays tribute to constable killed in Maoist attack
- Tripura’s BJP team has youngest faces in country, says PM Modi
- Tripura results: After 25 yrs of leftist ‘kushasan’, people have chosen BJP, says Dharmendra Pradhan
- Family members of MH370 victims mark four years since crash