Maldives, Aug 22 (ANI): The military in Maldives locked down the nation’s Parliament in an attempt to block a no-confidence motion to impeach the speaker of the house. Opposition lawmakers were also allegedly roughed up by the military personnel. After the government lost its majority in the Parliament due to defections of MPs to the oppositions, strong arm tactics by the ruling party included ejecting oppositions MPs from the chamber and now, deploying the army in parliament to prevent them from returning. The tranquility of the resorts of Maldives have been shattered by the strong arm tactics of the army and ruling party, turning this once picturesque resort country to a politically turbulent, unstable one.
- Maldives Parliament siege: Opposition lawmakers roughed up by military personnel
- Politicos hail SC verdict on triple talaq
- It is going to be herculean task to implement triple talaq verdict on ground: Asaduddin Owaisi
- Toll’s rising revenue misses targets
- SHOCKING Salman Khan Won’t Promote Judwaa 2 Watch Why