Panaji (Goa), July 15 (ANI): The Goa Police have arrested a man in connection with the recent desecration of religious places in the state. 54-year-old Francis Xavier Pereira reportedly confessed that he has been doing it since 2003 and he has broken a large number of religious symbols. Recently, several holy crosses, a temple and places of catholic worship were desecrated. The police are currently interrogating the accused and according to Director General of Police M Chander his motive behind this act is yet to be ascertained.
- Next story Manipur weavers promote rich legacy of Tangkhul Naga community
- Previous story RJP Chief warns of dire consequences if elections are conducted
- PM Modi confers awards for excellence in public administration
- Rahul Gandhi must apologise for Congress leaders’ ‘saffron terror’ remarks: Amit Shah
- We have taken steps for welfare of every section of society: CM Raje
- Centre’s amendment in POCSO Act receives mixed reaction
- Watch: Indore rape accused thrashed by public in court