Imphal (Manipur), July 28 (ANI): In order to safeguard the indigenous people of the state, students from various colleges in Imphal Valley took out to street demanding a constitutional protection to the indigenous people of the state. Led by Kangleipak Students Association (KSA), students staged a sit-in protest and also formed human chain across the Imphal city demanding to declare Wangkhei, Thangmeiband, Uripok, Sagolband, Sugnu, Bishnupur, Kangpokpi and Jiribam as reserved assembly constituencies for indigenous people.Moreover, students and volunteers of KSA also tried to storm the Manipur State Assembly from three different directions demanding legislation to prevent non-indigenous people from contesting elections and casting votes.
- Next story Nitish Kumar wins vote of trust in Bihar Assembly
- Previous story Congress lacks ‘strong leadership,’ will to serve masses: Rebel leader Tejashree Patel
- New York governor says Statue of Liberty to reopen
- Graham gives play-by-play on shutdown talks
- Las Vegas protesters join worldwide anti-Trump Womens March
- In second day of shutdown, Republicans, Democrats dig in for fight
- Ahead of PM Modi’s visit, avalanche advisory issued in Davos due to heavy snowfall