Imphal (Manipur), July 28 (ANI): In order to safeguard the indigenous people of the state, students from various colleges in Imphal Valley took out to street demanding a constitutional protection to the indigenous people of the state. Led by Kangleipak Students Association (KSA), students staged a sit-in protest and also formed human chain across the Imphal city demanding to declare Wangkhei, Thangmeiband, Uripok, Sagolband, Sugnu, Bishnupur, Kangpokpi and Jiribam as reserved assembly constituencies for indigenous people.Moreover, students and volunteers of KSA also tried to storm the Manipur State Assembly from three different directions demanding legislation to prevent non-indigenous people from contesting elections and casting votes.
- Previous story Congress lacks ‘strong leadership,’ will to serve masses: Rebel leader Tejashree Patel
- Manipur students demand constitutional protection to indigenous people of state
- Congress lacks ‘strong leadership,’ will to serve masses: Rebel leader Tejashree Patel
- Caught on cam: MNS party worker vandalises jewellery store’s nameplate written in Gujarati
- Designer Rahul Mishra’s 1-year-old daughter makes runway debut at ICW 2017
- Our demand for ‘secret ballot’ denied, JDU MLAs kept in safe house, claims Tejashwi Yadav