Imphal (Manipur) July 6 (ANI): A young folk performer and a Pena player, Mangka Mayanglambam, is striving to revive the rich folk culture and music of the state. Discovered at the very early age, Mangka started her journey into Manipuri folk music under Guru Langathel Thoinu. However, her biggest inspiration came from her artistic father, Mayanglambam Mangangsana, who plays, composes and writes for her. Mangka’s first got noticed when she sang and performed ‘Hada Shamaton’ at the 8th Manipur International Polo in 2014. Since then, Mangka has come a long way in the world of music and has achieved a commendable stature.
- Next story North Korea is ‘number one’ foreign policy concern: Ryan
- Previous story Breaking stereotype! Rugby gains popularity among girls in Kashmir
- Mother of Nirbhaya spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Renuka Chaudhary spoke on ordinance approved by govt on death penalty in rape with minor
- Sukma encounter: Mortal remains of CRPF ASI brought to his native place
- What about those above 12 years old?: Nirbhaya victim’s mother questions POCSO act
- Terrorist organizations are moving freely in Pakistan: Kashmiri leader