Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala), Aug 27 (ANI): Flower markets of Thiruvananthapuram bloom in the run-up to Onam. Several varieties of colourful flowers reached the flower shops making them look more vibrant and fragrant. The flowers are in high demand during Onam festival especially in anticipation of Pookkalam (flower rangoli) competitions. The festival is incomplete without Atha Pookalam or the floral carpet with everyone trying to make the most beautiful one.
- Next story Watch: 20-feet python rescued by forest officials
- Previous story Wreath-laying ceremony of constable Jaswant Singh held
- Police search for gunman who killed four at Nashville waffle house
- Man who wrestled rifle from Waffle House gunman denies being hero
- Watch: Man gets beaten-up by public, police for thrashing his wife
- Death toll of Naxals rises to 16
- Tibet can benefit from China’s economy if rights are guaranteed, says Dalai Lama