Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh), Apr 29 (ANI): Marriage or meat? Clearly the latter. In a bizarre incident, a Muslim groom called off his wedding as the bride’s father could not serve meat to the ‘baraatis’ in Karhera village of Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar. Rizwan, the groom and his family got enraged after only vegetarian cuisines were served to them. After panchayat and police’s intervention, Rizwan got ready to tie the knot but the bride and her family refused. Bride’s father alleged that Rizwan, who hails from Sambhalhera, had also demanded a motorcycle in dowry. The incident comes at a time when the state Government has put a ban on illegal slaughterhouses across the state.
- Marriage or meat? Groom calls off wedding as meat was not served
- Teams from around world put routines on display at World Cheerleading Championships
- Whoa! Saif Ali Khan’s ‘Langda Tyagi’ character to get a spin-off
- Seven of family dead after car collides with container
- Drug peddler arrested with 3 packets of brown sugar