Varanasi (U.P.), July 23 (ANI): Amid the ongoing violence over beef issue, Alam Ara a Muslim women in India’s oldest city Varanasi, set an example of communal harmony by making Shiva Lingas for her livelihood. Alam Ara is molding Shiva Lingas for last seventeen years after the death of her husband, to earn for her living. Being the sole bread winner in her family, Alam Ara moulds and crafts the Lingas and later sells them to the shopkeeper. Despite facing criticism from her community, Ara continued her ancestral business and believes that this is god-gifted art, and she makes it with love.
- Next story Virendra Sehvag congratulated women cricket team captain Mithali Raj for winning World Cup
- Previous story New Princess Diana documentary tells her story through the eyes of her sons
- Watch: Thousands participate in Tata Mumbai Marathon 2018
- U.S. Vice President critical of politicians for causing shutdown
- Senators sound off on U.S. government shutdown
- ‘Is factory ki licence humare paas hai, isliye kuch nahi bolna’: Delhi Mayor on Bawana Fire
- Ranveer Singh’s ‘filmy’ avatar at Filmfare awards is worth watching!