Varanasi (U.P.), July 23 (ANI): Amid the ongoing violence over beef issue, Alam Ara a Muslim women in India’s oldest city Varanasi, set an example of communal harmony by making Shiva Lingas for her livelihood. Alam Ara is molding Shiva Lingas for last seventeen years after the death of her husband, to earn for her living. Being the sole bread winner in her family, Alam Ara moulds and crafts the Lingas and later sells them to the shopkeeper. Despite facing criticism from her community, Ara continued her ancestral business and believes that this is god-gifted art, and she makes it with love.
- Meet Alam Ara, the Muslim woman who makes Shiva Lingas for livelihood
- New Princess Diana documentary tells her story through the eyes of her sons
- Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif : Best and Worst Dressed Airport Looks July 2017
- Virat Kohli congratulated women cricket team captain Mithali Raj for winning World Cup
- Caught on CCTV: A friend threw acid on his friend in mutual dispute