Jammu, Jan 16 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, on Monday said the government would be responsible for education and rehabilitation of those injured during the prolonged unrest that ensued after the killing of Burhan Wani in July. Over 80 people were dead and over 2,000 injured in the clashes with the security forces, largely due to use of pellet guns against stone pelting crowds. Mehbooba assured the provincial assembly that the victims would be compensated.
- Next story Nameplate sporting Akhilesh Yadav as SP National President seen at party office
- Previous story ‘Dangal’ actress Zaira Wasim apologises for meeting Mehbooba Mufti, later deletes post
- On temporary islands in C.Africa, hundreds flee militia torture
- Woman hit by Uber was walking bicycle: police
- Human rights organisations corner Pakistan on persecution of Christians, enforced disappearances
- Greece raises concern over human rights violation, extra judicial killings in Pakistan
- Hyderabadi woman rescued from Saudi Arabia, thanks EAM Sushma Swaraj