Quito (Ecuador), Oct 11 (ANI): Argentina fans celebrated in the street after a Lionel Messi hat-trick carried them to a 3-1 win over Ecuador and booked their place at next year’s World Cup finals in Russia. With Argentina facing the dire possibility of missing out on a World Cup for the first time since 1970, their brilliant captain delivered when it mattered most with three goals in Quito. While coach Jorge Sampaoli was delighted with his captain’s performance, he said the side had to stop relying on him so much.
- Udhampur cops undergo physical training to improve fitness
- Messi hat-trick sees Argentina through to the World Cup
- Paddy farmers in Kashmir exult over high yield
- Elphinstone stampede occurred due to false rumours of bridge collapse: Western Railway
- Dharmendra Pradhan launches IGL smart card for cash-less transactions