New Delhi, July 30 (ANI): Expressing concern in connection to the devastating flood situations prevailing in parts of the nation, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on Sunday said ‘extensive monitoring’ is being done by the administration. Asserting that weather forecasts by the meteorological departments prove helpful in battling such calamities, the PM vowed people to follow these forecasts to reduce ‘losses’. Adding that rescue operations are being carried out diligently, the Prime Minister expressed satisfaction, saying that the Centre, state governments and various non-government organisations are keeping their best foot forward in reaching out to the needy. The PM added that the Centre has instructed crop insurance companies to pro-actively serve the needy farmers in this time of crisis. He further assured that a 24×7 control room helpline number-1078, is functioning continuously to deal with the flood situation. Prime Minister was addressing the nation in 34th ‘Mann ki Baat’.
- Next story 34th edition of ‘Mann ki baat, PM Modi says August is month of ‘Revolution’
- Previous story Sashastra Seema Bal sets up rescue, relief team
- ‘I survived by God and good Samaritans’
- 17 injured, many feared trapped after under construction building collapses in Chennai
- Will make Andhra Pradesh into an innovation valley: Chandrababu Naidu
- Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan offers prayers Jagannath Mandir in Navi Mumbai
- IMF warns G20 that tariffs hurting economy