New Delhi, July 30 (ANI): Expressing concern in connection to the devastating flood situations prevailing in parts of the nation, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi on Sunday said ‘extensive monitoring’ is being done by the administration. Asserting that weather forecasts by the meteorological departments prove helpful in battling such calamities, the PM vowed people to follow these forecasts to reduce ‘losses’. Adding that rescue operations are being carried out diligently, the Prime Minister expressed satisfaction, saying that the Centre, state governments and various non-government organisations are keeping their best foot forward in reaching out to the needy. The PM added that the Centre has instructed crop insurance companies to pro-actively serve the needy farmers in this time of crisis. He further assured that a 24×7 control room helpline number-1078, is functioning continuously to deal with the flood situation. Prime Minister was addressing the nation in 34th ‘Mann ki Baat’.
- Monsoon floods: PM Modi calls for heeding weather forecasts, assures extensive monitoring
- Sashastra Seema Bal sets up rescue, relief team
- “Indian Women’s Cricket team lost match but won 125 crore hearts”: PM Mood on ‘Mann ki Baat’
- PM Modi urges people to celebrate Independence Day as a ‘Sankalp Diwas’
- Slain terrorists belonged to ‘Hizb-ul-Mujahideen’: Kashmir DGP on Pulwama encounter