Tripura, Oct 27 (ANI): In a bid to promote ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign, MoS for Minority Affairs Virendra Kumar washed feet of girls in Tripura. The Minister was seen taking blessings from the girls and giving gifts to the girls. Kumar said under the programme of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’, it is everybody’s moral duty to save the girl child and respect their emotions. ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ is a social campaign of the Centre that aims to generate awareness and improve the efficiency of welfare services intended for girls. In June 2015, hashtag #SelfieWithDaughter was also promoted on social media. The hashtag gained worldwide fame.
- Next story One killed in police firing during clash in Dahod
- Previous story Here’s how skin regulates blood pressure
- My India (India News) – Ep#516 (16 Feb, 2019)
- Trump’s choice for U.N. ambassador withdraws
- ISI is behind ‘Talibani style’ attack: MQM founder Altaf Hussain on Pulwama terror attack
- Hotel Mystays provides Japanese hospitality to tourists
- Japanese ministry holds international competition for Japanese cuisine