Mumbai (Maharashtra), Aug 29 (ANI): Heavy rains continue to paralyse Mumbai with incessant rains since past few days. BMC reported that the city and suburban areas received more than 100 mm rainfall in Mumbai since 8:30 am on Tuesday. Severe water-logging has been reported in various parts of the city. Movement of trains has also been affected as Suburban train service got suspended on main line between Parel and Kurla and on Harbour line between Vadala Road-Kurla. Several passengers also remained stranded at Bandra Railway Station. Water entered Parel’s King Edward Memorial (KEM) hospital after heavy rains, while BMC reported 3 incidents of wall collapse, 16 incidents of short circuit and 23 incidents of trees falling in past 24 hrs. At least four people have been injured after an iron frame for posters fell near VP road area. The injured were rushed to Saifee hospital. Three National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams are stationed in Mumbai and two additional teams have been moved from Pune too.
- Mumbai rains throw normal life out of gear causing damage, destruction
- PM Modi to visit China, Myanmar from 3 to 7 Sep
- Government is with flood-affected people in this difficult time: PM Modi
- Saudi women run call center for emergency services during Haj
- Trump learns that, “There are a a lot of blonde women in Finland”