Imphal (Manipur), July 23 (ANI): The two-day long music fest brought more than 50 music artistes of the state including the Manipuri musicologist Laishram Birendrakumar Singh, sharing one platform with the common cause. The scintillating music event was graced by Chief Minister N Biren Singh at Palace compound in Imphal and aimed at bringing both the veterans and young artistes to celebrate the melodious and soothing music.Organized by the All Manipur Matam Eshei Kanglup in collaboration with the Department of Art and Culture, Government of Manipur, the musical programme brought to light the important role of music in the society. Performances staged by artistes from various communities of the state highlights the diverse culture and to promote unity among the society. A rare piece of notes performed by the legendary singer Laishram Birendrasingh Kumar, a 97-year-old musicologist of the state, shows how music has no age bar and limitless. Addressing the gathering, Chief Minister N Biren Singh announced that his government was planning to bring a scheme to provide financial help for the welfare of the artists, musicians etc. of the state. The fest creates platform for the music personalities of both veterans and amateurs to embrace and celebrates of the essence of music.
- Music Festival brings galaxy of singers together
- ‘Go for it ladies’, cheers Team India ahead of ICC Women’s World Cup finale
- Onset of monsoon paves way for rice cultivation in northeast region
- Pence urges Republicans to ‘step up to the plate’ on Obamacare
- Police arrested 4 accused of gangrape and murder during an encounter in Greater Noida