Mumbai/Bhopal, Dec 28 (ANI): Much-anticipated Triple Talaq bill has been passed by the Lok Sabha today. Union Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad introduced the legislation in the Parliament. Triple Talaq now is a criminal offence, which proposes three-year jail term for husbands who give divorce to their wives by uttering word Talaq thrice. The bill will now head to Rajya Sabha. Muslim women and victims of Triple Talaq welcomed this move by the government and celebrated on this occasion. The bill is victory for the Muslim women and they now feel empowered.
- Next story Historic! Triple talaq bill passed in Lok Sabha
- Previous story Narendra Modi Government is with women: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Watch: BJP Chief Amit Shah visits Basaveshwara Aikya Sthala in Karnataka
- Watch: PM Modi departs from China after his meeting with President Xi Jinping
- NGMA organises art exhibition in collaboration with Israeli embassy
- 2 dead after public toilet collapses in Mumbai
- Mamma Mia! ABBA records two new songs after 35 years