Indore (Madhya Pradesh), Aug 08 (ANI): Social activist Medha Patkar, who was on an indefinite hunger strike was forcibly removed from the protest site by police personnel and was taken to a hospital in Indore yesterday, after her health worsened. The Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader along with 11 others sat on the strike demanding the rehabilitation of thousands of families affected due to the Sardar Sarovar Dam project. Soon after Medha was removed, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tweeted “Doctors advised immediate medical attention for @medhanarmada ji and her colleagues due to high ketone and sugar posing threat to their lives.”
- Narmada Bachao Andolan: Medha Patkar forcibly removed from protest site
- ‘I try to do different things in every film’, says Rajkummar Rao
- Nepal urges India, China to resolve border standoff through peaceful dialogue
- Here’s why Emraan Hashmi feels this is the best time in his career!
- Key Fashion Moment – 2011: The first Parisian restrospective devoted to Madame GrÃ¨s, queen of pleats