Bornila Chatterjee’s directorial venture ‘The Hungry’ had its Asian Premiere at the 19th Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival. The movie is the adaptation of Shakespeare’s novel ‘Titus Andronicus’. It features Naseeruddin Shah, Tisca Chopra, Neeraj Kabi, Arjun Gupta, Sayani, Antonio Aakeel and Suraj Sharma. The film has been selected as the Oxfam Best Film on gender equality at MAMI. ‘The Hungry’ follows the journey of a widow and a bride-to-be, who comes to her wedding seeking revenge for the murder of her first-born son. Naseer, who has delivered many powerful performances in his four-decade-long career, said he finds negative characters a bigger challenge.
- Next story Badalta Manzar (Weekly Programme) – Oct 16, 2017
- Previous story News Week South Asia (Weekly Program) – 16 Oct, 2017
- Ghaziabad building collapse: Strict action will be taken against those responsible, says VK Singh
- Ghaziabad building collapse: 1 dead, 7 rescued, informs IG Meerut (Range)
- Watch: Women protest by sitting on JCB machine during an anti-encroachment drive
- Nicole Maines to be television’s first transgender superhero
- CM Raman Singh announces Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana