Kathmandu (Nepal), July 29 (ANI): Nepal on Friday celebrated Naag Panchami and Rakshya Bandhan festival, which falls on the same day after 27 years. Locals in Kathmandu city thronged the temples in early hours to worship the serpent deities. On this day, people in Nepal stick the pictures of the serpentine deity on the main entrance of their houses to prevent themselves from lightning, fire, snake, scorpion and other poisonous snakes.The people in Nepal also celebrated the festival of Raskhya Bandhan as the lunar eclipse in the country has pushed forward. In India, the Raksha Bandhan will be celebrated on August 7. On this occasion, sisters tie a sacred thread on their brother’s wrist and pray for their safety.
- Next story Tesla hands out keys to lower-priced model
- Previous story With 27 new ministers CM Nitish Kumar expands cabinet
- Kenya police fire teargas to disperse opposition supporters
- Italian postman arrested for not delivering mail
- President and PM paid tribute on Rajghat on Mahatma Gandhi’s 70th death anniversary
- Questioned On Integrity, Punjab DSP Shoots Himself
- Gadbad Jhali Usha Nadkarni As A Comedy Grandmother Upcoming Marathi Movie Rajesh Shringarpure