Kathmandu (Nepal), Oct 15 (ANI): The Nepal Parliament had completed its tenure and as per the Constitutional provisions it has been dissolved. But, certain grievances of disgruntled parties remained on board. The Speaker of the House, Onsari Gharti Magar, highlighted the achievements and work that was completed under the outgoing Constituent Assembly. The Parliament turned Constituent Assembly have promulgated the first democratic constitution in 2015, but it tore the country into two parts. The Madhesh based parties demanded more inclusion in the newly promulgated constitution and sought an amendment to it but failed, though it was tabled lately and amended once. As per the newly promulgated constitution, the term of the incumbent parliament ends a day before the candidates file their nomination for the House of Representatives election. The Sher Bahadur Deuba government has called for the provincial center and the House of Representatives elections in two phases, which is to be held in November and December. The last date for filing candidacy under the First- Past- the- Post Electoral System is October 22.
- Next story Gabriel Medina, Carissa Moore claim wins at WSL France stop
- Previous story Alive snake comes out from tap of water cooler inside District Hospital
- Here’s why Miley Cyrus deleted all her Instagram posts
- Naxals indoctrinate kids after failing to lure tribesmen
- Congress women’s wing protests against Haryana govt over Morni gang rape
- Hindu pilgrims, Muslim traders bond at Amarnath Pilgrimage
- Muslims in Allahabad raze parts of mosques to make way for Kumbh pilgrims